2019 - CEHS-Emerging Scholar Research/Creative Award
This award is given to acknowledge a member of the College who has achieved early distinction in research or creative activity with a tangible record of excellence in research/creative work. The recipient will be acknowledged at the CEHS Awards ceremony and awarded $1000.
1. Nominations of full-time CEHS members must be for one individual who has completed a terminal degree or postdoctoral training within the last ten years.
2. Percentage of research/creative time includes 1% to 100% (to include all faculty, full time tenure-stream and/or multiple year contract persons)
3. Research or creative activity has largely been accomplished as a UNL faculty member.
A combination of the following:
• Strong record of achievement in research or creative activity
• Evidence of recognition among peers
• A clear programmatic line of research or creative activity that has had a substantive impact on the relative CEHS field and mission
• High quality published papers
• Originality and quality of research
• A record of external grant writing, and internal and/or external funding
Nomination Process: Nominations may be initiated by peers or administrators. The nominator must notify the candidate and secure his or her approval. (Please see nomination form).
The candidate should submit a maximum of three relevant research papers or creative work examples along with the most recent vitae and a statement of research (Activity Insight reports are welcome). A letter from the candidate’s administrator should be included with the materials.
Selection Process: The selection committee, made up of representatives from the CEHS Research Committee, will review candidates and make the final selection.
• Amount: $1000
• Nominations due November 16, 2018
• Must be uploaded in a continuous PDF or Word file
• Submission of material due February 22, 2019
• Selection process: CEHS Research Committee